FUE or FUT HAIR TRANSPLANT
The latest in hair transplant procedures, FUE and FUT are fairly straight-forward and require non-invasive surgery with minimal recovery time. In both procedures, follicular units are removed from the back of the scalp or ‘donor area’ and relocated to the area(s) that requires more hair, usually the hair line, temples, top of the scalp, or at the back in the crown. We can perform large procedures with both FUE and FUT.
Follicular units, or grafts are sac-like structures beneath the scalp, containing naturally occurring groups of 1 to 4 hairs, the sebaceous glands, nerves and a small muscle. They naturally grow in different angles, patterns and varying densities which gives us our own unique hairstyle.
While both FUE and FUT will deliver the thickest and best-looking results, they differ in how the hair follicles are extracted and each carry their own advantages and disadvantages:
- Hair follicles are removed one at a time from the back
- Allows you to shave your head without a visible scar
- Fast recovery process
- Ideal for patients wanting beard and eyebrow thickening
- Ideal for patients with fine hair or if the donor hair is not very thick
- Allows more hair to be transplanted in one procedure
- Quickest time to perform for large procedures
- Allows you to have a very short haircut at the back